Saturday, September 16, 2006

Excluded

As y'all know, I live with my in-laws...MIL, FIL, BIL, SIL, niece, me and Princess live in one house. For the most part, it's working out pretty well. SIL cooks, I vacuum and empty the dishwasher, we all buy groceries. The problems are with the other stuff. MIL not agreeing with my disciplinary skills, punishing my daughter when I've already taken care of it...but Sailor had a talk with her and I don't see there being much of a problem with it in the future. Well today is my baby shower with all my playgroup friends and the entire household has planned a trip to Universal Studios. They didn't even tell me they were planning it, much less invite me along, and they planned it on a day that I'm busy. SIL, niece, and MIL were all invited to the shower, and MIL was planning on going but was torn between the two events. I told her it wouldn't hurt my feelings if she went with them, which it doesn't. It does, however, hurt my feelings that they would plan this trip without bothering to ask if I'd be interested in participating. I would love to go to any of the theme parks, I wouldn't, of course, because I'm too huge and uncomfortable to enjoy myself, but I'd love to feel included. They've done this before. They all planned a trip to Ohio to visit Sailor's grandparents (11 months before the trip that me and Sailor took) and none of them bothered to even tell us they were all going, much less ask if we wanted to join. We wouldn't have been able to go, anyway, because of money, but we'd never been and would've liked to feel like they wanted to include us, you know? Oh well, we'll be gone soon and then they can exclude us all they want.

On a happier note, I am 34 weeks today! That means Sailor will be home in 4 weeks!!! I had an appt on Tuesday, it went well, I gained 3 lbs, but lost 2 the appt before, so really only gained 1 in 4 weeks. My total weight gain is about 20 lbs, so I'll probably be right at the 25 lb mark when I deliver...exactly where my Dr wants me to be. I had the Dr check me and I'm still nice and closed up, I was getting a little worried with all the working out that I was going to induce myself early or something, lol.

I had my Gestational Diabetes class yesterday, finally. It was very informative, and as I expected, I've been way too strict on myself. It'll be a pretty easy diet to stick to once I go shopping and get my meal plan worked out. The hard part will be testing myself. I tried twice this morning and couldn't get enough blood to test. Oh well, I'll get it eventually.

I'm really excited about my shower today, I can't wait to see everyone! It's actually quadruple shower, for me, Purplemama, and two other Mamas in the playgroup. Should be alot of fun!

3 Comments:

Blogger JC said...

I'm sorry you in-laws didn't invite you to go I know how it feels mine are the same way. I'm glad everythings going good with you and bebe. I hope you and purplemama have a great shower and hopefully Java will get a pic of that belly =) Take care sweetie.

9/16/2006 10:42 AM  
Blogger ::Ali:: said...

Sorry about the inlaws, that is pretty shitty to NOT even invite you two..
But I sure hope your had a super fun time at your shower!!!!!!

9/16/2006 11:53 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Okay that, really sucks! Kind of makes you wonder why you weren't invited...I'm sorry! Not much longer that you have to stay there!

9/19/2006 12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home