Friday, September 08, 2006

5 More Weeks!

Sailor will be home in 5 weeks! I'll be 33 weeks tomorrow and Bebe will be here in about 5 1/2 weeks. I'm sure y'all are getting sick of my countdown, but I'm so excited!

Update on the Gestational Diabetes...I finally got signed up for my diet counseling, it'll be in 1 week. They'll be giving me a blood sugar monitor, teaching me how to use it, and going over a diet plan and guidelines. They'll be doing weekly checks on me to make sure my blood sugar is staying where it's supposed to be. Since diabetes runs in both mine and Sailor's families, I'm hoping to stick with a low-sugar (just not as strict) diet to prevent us inheriting it. I'd much rather watch my sugar intake now than have to go through diabetes later! I don't think the preventative diet is as hard, and they do have diet counseling for that, also, at the Diabetes Clinic, so I'm going to get the info on that. Sailor's not at all excited about this, but I guess he'll get over it.

3 Comments:

Blogger JC said...

can I just say WOW again...lol I can not believe how far a long you are. It seems like only yesterday we were both trying to get pregnant and here you are getting ready to have a sweet little baby and I am still trying. I hope everything goes well for you on your diet counseling and the monitoring. I still would love to see that bump =)

9/08/2006 10:34 AM  
Blogger ::Ali:: said...

Wow only 5 weeks.. Seems like just yesterday you told us you were expecting BeBe!!
Oh I can't wait to 'meet' her!

9/14/2006 10:38 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

I'm not sick of your countdown... I'm so excited!!!!

I know it must be such a PITA to have to go through having GD right now, but you seem to be taking it very well and doing everything that you can to control it!! Kudos!

9/14/2006 9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home