Friday, July 07, 2006

Sailor

Sailor called me this morning! He's doing good, just really tired, so he's sleeping now. He's in Greece, living in the barracks until he finds a place. He's not allowed to live there permanently. Naala did great on the flight, she didn't get sick or go potty or anything in the crate. He was able to walk her and give her some water and everything when they stopped in Italy on the way. I'm so impressed, she used to get sick every time we'd drive, even just across town...I guess she's grown out of it. She didn't get sick on the drive from Jax to Ocala or the drive back to Jax or the drive to VA or the flight overseas! It's a miracle! She cured! LOL He also emailed me while they were stopped for gas in Ireland last night. I woke up this morning, did my usual morning routine, and then while I was responding to his email, he called! It was great getting to talk to him, I wasn't expecting it at all. Me and Princess are doing good, we really miss him, though. We have these picture frames that you can record messages on so me and Princess recorded a message for him on one and he recorded one for us on the other. I've been playing the message for Princess before bed every night and then sometime in the morning. I played it today and she wanted to hold it and kept playing it over and over and then when I'd try to take it away, she said "wait, wait!". I felt so bad, I know she really misses him. It's been so hard for him to say goodbye to her and for me to watch/listen to them say goodbye. Baby is due in 16 weeks, so Sailor should be back in about 15 weeks...that's not very long, I'm sure it'll go by fast. The rest of the pregnancy is going by really fast, I can't believe I'm 24 weeks already!

4 Comments:

Blogger JC said...

I'm glad Sailor and Naala made it there safe and sound. I know it's hard not having him there. Boater was working on the road when I was pregnant.
Wow 24 weeks already I tell ya these pregnancies are just flying by.

7/07/2006 8:26 PM  
Blogger Jaws said...

I hope you get to talk to sailor often, and I hope princess does ok with all the changes.
Congrats on being over halfway there!!
Im so excited, I hope I can come up to the hosp to meet Baby!!

7/10/2006 9:35 PM  
Blogger Jaws said...

Maybe her blog name can be Diva?

7/10/2006 9:36 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

LOL Diva... that would fit! :)

I can't believe you only have 15 weeks to go! I know you both miss Sailor very much. I missed Husker when he was only gone for 6 weeks, but you know me, I tried to keep myself as busy as possible!

7/17/2006 1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home