Friday, June 02, 2006

Happy!

Today is Sailor's LAST day at work! Yay! I'm so happy! He got his check-out papers on Wednesday and checked out all day yesterday and is now checking out at his last place (they have to check out of medical, dental, duty section, etc...all separate). He still has to work at the restaurant tonight and tomorrow, but when he leaves base today (it should be within the next hour, I'd think), he's done! After tomorrow, he's done at the restaurant, too, and won't have to work again until he gets to Greece (in a month). Okay, he just called, he's on his way home! I'm so happy to have him to myself for a month, but I'm starting to wish I wouldn't have agreed to Greece. I keep trying to tell myself that it's the best decision for us, financially, and it's good for his career to serve overseas...but I'm really gonna miss him, and I know Princess is, too. I hate that I can't always have what I want. Every time I choose one thing, it means I have to sacrifice something else...I don't want to sacrifice! I also really want to start working, I think it'll be much better for myself and for Sailor if I'm working...but then it means that I won't be home with the kids all the time. I hate that, it's like everything's a lose-lose. Sailor could get out of the Navy and I could finally have a normal life and home, but then we'd lose our insurance and benefits. I could've refused to let him go to Greece, but then we'd still be broke all the time. LOL, I somehow just depressed myself, this post started out happy. I've been looking forward to this day for so long, but now that it's here, it just means he's leaving soon.

6 Comments:

Blogger water said...

{{{HUGS}}} I have so many of the same emotions, well except Flyboy being on deployment doesn't mean we will be able to save money! LOL What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right?

6/04/2006 2:36 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Blue I hope you enjoy each other before he leaves I know it will be hard just think positive and everything will work out. ((((HUGS)))

6/05/2006 11:19 AM  
Blogger Nae said...

Well blue like JC said just enjoy your time you have b4 he has to go off to Greece. (((HUGS))) just remember we all will be there to help you pass the time!

6/06/2006 11:34 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Enjoy the next month with Sailor! The next year will go by so quickly, especially with the visits in between that you'll get! And don't forget you have all of us to keep you busy!!

6/07/2006 3:57 AM  
Blogger ::Ali:: said...

Enjoy your time guys!!
I know you will miss him and vice versa but it will fly by I am sure!!

6/07/2006 1:28 PM  
Blogger ::Ali:: said...

Enjoy your time guys!!
I know you will miss him and vice versa but it will fly by I am sure!!

6/07/2006 1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home