Tuesday, April 25, 2006

MIA

So I guess I've been missing lately. I don't even remember if I told y'all about my Insurance Drama, so I'll go ahead and catch y'all up. I was supposed to have my first "official" prenatal appointment about 3 weeks ago (April 5). I had been before to confirm my appt and get my due date, etc, but this was my first actual appt. Anyway, since the reason I had been going to my doctor was because I was having miscarriages, I needed to get a whole new referral to reflect my new purpose for seeing this doctor. Easy enough, right? Just call em up and have em switch it. Wrong. I called and waited, and called, and waited, and finally had to cancel my appt because I never got my referral. Apparently the military doctors have the right to see me to determine if I'm really "high risk" or not. I was not okay with this and did not want to go to those doctors at all, I want to go to MY doctor. So I wrote a letter to the Commanding Officer of the hospital. My doctor also wrote a very convincing letter. Sailor picked up the letter on his way home from work one day and I mailed em off. A week ago, I got the call that my request was accepted! Woo Hoo! It was sooo stressful dealing with all of that and I was starting to wonder if I'd have to just go without prenatal care. Okay, maybe a little dramatic, but I seriously did not want to go to the military doctors since they were so unsensitive when I had all of my miscarriages. Anyway, I finally got my referral so I called my doctor's office to share my good news and finally reschedule the appt that I had cancelled 2 weeks prior. My appt is this Friday, the 28th (3 1/2 weeks late, but better than nothing!). So anyway, there's my good news, I get to keep my doctor!

Where else have I been? I've been here...just lazy. LOL I just haven't felt like I really had much to say lately. Rather than just babble about nothing and bore y'all to death, I just stayed quiet.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jaws said...

Im so glad your getting in to see your doc finally!

Geez insurance is a pain! and a good doctor seems like a hard find lately

><(((*>

4/26/2006 9:21 AM  
Blogger JC said...

That is awesome Blue. I wasn't able to keep my doctor the one who helped me get pregnant with Little Guy but I did find a great doctor =) I'm hoping that now I'm back with the one who helped me get pregnant that well be able to go through a pregnancy together. I can't wait to hear how it goes please KUP

4/26/2006 10:42 AM  
Blogger Blue said...

Thanks, everyone! Congrats to you, too, Thumblina! I'm so excited that I'll get to see my doctor for the entire pregnancy. Even when I move, I'll still be coming here to see him and to have the baby. I just won't give him up! LOL

4/27/2006 9:49 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Geez, where've you been?!? ;) lol

Thanks for playing hostess last week. We had fun at your house!!! The kids are asking about Naala!

4/27/2006 10:45 PM  
Blogger Blue said...

Awww, we're glad y'all came! I'm sure Naala misses them, she's been bored and lazy since y'all left! LOL

4/27/2006 11:47 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Haha!! You mean she didn't mind the torture of three kids?!?!!!

4/29/2006 3:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home