Sunday, April 09, 2006

Long Update

Sorry I haven't posted in over a week! I was going to post during the week about our trip to the fair and everything, but I was in the middle of posting and Princess started whining and wouldn't let me type, so I just closed the window without saving. We had fun at the fair, though. I had a funnel cake and sausage dog (YUMM), but wasn't hungry enough for an elephant ear, too. I wanted one, but I'll have to wait. It was sooo hot, we stayed from about noon til 4, came home, napped, then went back at 7:30 til after 9. Princess rode a bunch of rides and had a blast.

What else has been going on? I was supposed to have an OB appt on Wednesday, but had to cancel it because I couldn't get the insurance crap straightened out. Since I'm now going to my doctor for high-risk pregnancy instead of recurring miscarriages, I had to get a whole new referral. I figured it'd be easy, they could just put a new reason down, and I'd be done. I was wrong. I called a week and a half before my appt and requested a referral from my primary doctor (same one that made the original referral for me). I never heard back, so called again a week later. Apparently he never got my message, so I spoke to someone that spoke to someone else that was going to have him sign off on it that day. I called back on Wed because I hadn't heard back yet, and apparently he only gave me a referral for OB on base. I don't want to go to the military doctors because of the way they treated me after my last miscarriage. They made me an appt to get a consult to begin the testing, but then cancelled it and told me to just go to a civilian...without offering any help as to how to get my referral, etc. They've never been all that compassionate or helpful in the past, either. Anyway, I love my current doctor and want to keep seeing him. So I talk to like a million different people on Wed (most of them giving me a different number to call) and finally get ahold of someone that's willing to help. Apparently the OB clinic has to "release" me of their care so that I can go to my doctor. The lady I spoke to tried to get them to just go ahead and release me, but they insist they need to see me first. So she finally advises me to write a letter to the Commanding Officer of the hospital, and have my doctor do the same. I'll call my doctor tomorrow to see if he's written his letter, and then hopefully will be able to make another appt soon. So frustrating!

On to bad day #2 (aka today)...I decide to go bathing suit shopping. I've already checked Target (nothing I liked), Kohls (nothing at all), and Walmart (nothing at all). So I decided to hit the mall. First stop is Motherhood Maternity...they have like 4 choices. I tried on one, it was too big everywhere but the boobs. I looked at another, but it was way too expensive. So on to Old Navy...1 bathing suit. That's it, just one, not even multiple sizes of the one bathing suit. By the way, it was hot pink. Pass. Next stop, Penney's. None. Belk? None. Seriously? No one has bathing suits for pregnant woman! I did find a couple online, but I would really like to try something like that on. I refuse to order one, wait for it to get here, and then have to return it. I'm pissed. In fact, I'm so pissed that I'm crying in the elevator at Belk. Why don't these places have maternity swimsuits? It's just not fair. They have maternity clothes, but apparently no one wants to see a pregnant woman in a swimsuit. Great. So my fat ass will be wearing last year's bathing suit that's starting to get a lil tight. Not only did I cry in the elevator, but after holding it in until I was alone again (in the van), I cried most of the way home. Then I go to Wendy's, they mess up my burger. The manager was really nice and let me keep the one they gave me (it wasn't nasty, just didn't have lettuce or tomato on it) and gave me another one. I ate my burgers, gave Princess her burger, and then headed home. We get inside and Princess eats a fry, spits it out, and then wants to give it to me. Ummm, I don't want it! So she wipes it on my chair! Ugh! Then I turn my chair around and see a cigarette butt on my desk. I don't smoke. Sailor quit smoking for New Years. He's never smoked in the house. Why the hell is there a cigarette butt on my desk? Apparently one of the neighborhood kids felt like leaving it there. What a crappy day. We're supposed to go to Sailor's friend's pool, but it's already 3:00, I don't see it happening. Weather's not that great today, either. It was 91 degrees yesterday, perfect pool weather! But today, 72. Ugh.

10 Comments:

Blogger April said...

I'm so sad for you this weekend, Blue. Maybe Penny's doesn't have their suits in yet?? I know that's where I'd always had the best luck finding mine. I hope tomorrow is better for you and that you're able to make some progress with the base Drs.

4/09/2006 11:34 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Man that stinks that they are giving you the run around with your insurance. I hope you get it all worked out soon. I hated looking for a maternity swimsuit. I bought one it's like a one piece but looks like a swim dress. I never wore it It's brand new let me know what size you are and I could take a pic of it and if you want it I can mail it to ya and if it don't fit maybe you can give it to someone else you know is pregnant. I just wore my bathing suit from the yr before I wasn't really that big at the time. I'm glad you all had a good time at the fair. Take Care!!

4/10/2006 9:52 AM  
Blogger Blue said...

Thanks! The problem is...my top is a large and the rest of me is a medium. LOL I tried on a large one piece at Motherhood, but the top was a lil tight and the belly was just kinda sagging (my belly isn't huge yet, just too big for my regular clothes). So I'm not sure if a one piece is gonna work. Although, that one was made to fit tight, not like a dress. My regular swimsuit still fits, but is getting a lil tight.

4/10/2006 10:01 AM  
Blogger Nae said...

That's great that you guys enjoyed the fair. Sorry to hear about the swimsuit shopping, but I have a problem shopping all the time and I am not even pregnant uggghhhh. So I know the pain.

I hope you get the whole doc. crap worked out soon. Man the stupid things they try to request, why would they need to see you, you do not want to go to them. Like when doc. offices charge because you cancel the appt. how dumb. Anything to make more money off of a person.

4/10/2006 1:32 PM  
Blogger April said...

Ugh, I hated one peices just b/c when you're preggo (and keep in mind I had TWO summer babies) it's such a pain to go to the bathroom with a one piece . . . and what preggo woman isn't always going to the bathroom??? LOL Like I said, try Penny's again soon - and maybe their maternity catalog. Penny's is really good about exchanges out of their catalogs.

4/10/2006 3:22 PM  
Blogger water said...

Target has some cute 2 piece ones, I just wear a bikini (after one really bad sunburn on a preggo belly I don't do it much at an outdoor pool, imagine a 30 week baby stretching and kicking when the skin outside is burnt and sore OUCH!) or I have a super stretched out speedo that I wore until 35 weeks with Chubs that I held on to so I will kill it this summer!!

4/10/2006 8:02 PM  
Blogger ::Ali:: said...

WHOA What the hell are neighborhood kids doing in your house? LOL Was Sailor home? Or do kids just always go in your guys place when no one is home? LOL I am confused..haha What else is new right..lol One lonely smoke butt..haha they must of shared it..haha
Sorry your having such a crappy few days, I hope things turn around for ya..
***
I found this for ya...
http://www.mimimaternity.com/Shop_MimiMaternity/MimiMaternityMaster.asp?MasterCategory_Id=8
VERY CUTE SWIMSUITS FOR CUTE BELLIES!! =)
I don't know if you wanted to purchase online but I thought alot of these were cute!!
Hope it helps!!

4/12/2006 10:33 AM  
Blogger Blue said...

LOL! The neighborhood kids like to hang out here. Sailor is like a big kid, so they have fun with him. Only Lawnboy is allowed here when we're not here, cuz he watches Naala when we're gone everything.

Thanks for the link, those were a little too expensive, though. I would prefer to get to try it on to make sure it looks decent first, but it doesn't look like that's going to be an option, so I'll probably order the one from Old Navy...or the bottoms from Old Navy and top from Penney's, I do like one of their tops. It really sucks that these stores don't carry the maternity bathing suits in the store.

4/12/2006 10:50 AM  
Blogger April said...

Penny's used to carry them in the store (I personally got a cute one from Target, but I'm also not preggo), and btw, do you not like to go visit my blog anymore? I feel like I've been deserted! lol

4/12/2006 11:52 AM  
Blogger Blue said...

I have a blogroll now that tells me when the blogs are updated. You're pretty far down the list, so I'm guessing either you haven't updated in a while, or blogroll doesn't recognize when you update. I'll go check there now! I know blogroll doesn't detect when Java Mama updates, so I have to try and remember to go to her's.

4/12/2006 11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home