Thursday, February 02, 2006

The Motivator

I still talk to my best friend since 2nd grade, we actually talk once or twice a week, for several hours at a time. How can we have so much to talk about? I have no clue. But we talk during chores, we take eachother to the bathroom (I know, gross, but her and Sailor are the only ones I'll keep talking to if I have to pee...and I always warn her first), etc. For some reason, when we talk, I get motivated to clean. We'll talk about what chores we need to do for the day, and we'll often do our dishes together.

Anyway, she called yesterday to let me know how her appt went on Tuesday (she's pregnant and due on Feb 15). I had several goals yesterday, and was able to reach ALL of them while we were talking. I cleaned my shower and bathroom counter, vacuumed both bathrooms (I cleaned Princess's bathroom the day before), loaded and ran the dishwasher, put Sailor's uniforms in the dryer, started a load of jeans, hung the uniforms up, dried the jeans, put the jeans away, and washed towels. I'm in some sort of "nesting" period right now because we're trying to get pregnant (very similar to the one when you're at the end of the pregnancy). I'm wanting to get all of the baby stuff out of Princess's room and into the baby room...but we don't have a baby room yet. We need to close off the garage, move our office to the garage, and turn the office into a nursery. So I have all of this baby stuff and no where to put it. So I took a storage box and put away a few of Princess's toys that she's outgrown or just doesn't need anymore. We still have the Winnie the Pooh border and wall clings up in her room, and they're all moveable, so it'll be easy to move it to the nursery...once we get a nursery. I'm so sick of the Winnie the Pooh stuff in her Disney Princess room. LOL We originally planned on our kids sharing a room, so we were just gonna make it half Princess/half Pooh...unless we have a girl, and then we'd probably just make it all Princess to make it easier. But our Princess has too much stuff. Last year when we started trying, we hadn't moved Princess out of the crib yet, so I didn't go through all this...she still needed most of her baby stuff. But now that we've made it through another Christmas and birthday...we have no room for everything!

I'm so anxious to get our tax money back and get a new A/C, then maybe we can get started on all the work we need to do in the garage! By the way, here's my final plan for the garage...put up a big sliding glass door where the garage door is, insulate the outside walls and put up new drywall, level the garage floor, put up a wall and door blocking off the laundry room, put up curtains in front of the glass door, and paint the floor and walls. Oh, and we have to put a shed out back so we'll have somewhere to put all the lawn equipment.

6 Comments:

Blogger water said...

I wish I had a baby room, luckily with 2 so little it will be a nursery! I would love to finish off our garage and make our backroom a spare room, I don't think I would want a kid downstairs by themselves, but we get way too many visitors. I hope everything works out for you.

2/02/2006 10:54 AM  
Blogger JC said...

I have a friend I've known since I was 4 . I don't get to talk to her as much as I like due to her hubby always needing her to be up his but...lol Sounds like you have it all planned out =) I am not gonna do anything to our computer room until we get pregnant =). I did get a new desk so when we do I can move the computer out of the spare bedroom and into the living room. I hope your able to get the garage done soon.

2/02/2006 11:30 AM  
Blogger Jaws said...

I bet your new office is gonna be great!!

and I sooo know what you mean about all the baby stuff. Not to mention NON baby stuff, LOL

><(((*>

2/02/2006 11:37 AM  
Blogger Nae said...

I also have a friend I chat with that I have known since 5 grade. We do the same taking eachother to the bathroom thing LOL. Must just be a comfortable thing since we have known them so long.

Anyhoo, the idea for the garage sounds awesome, really great. I bet you can not wait to get it started! :)

2/02/2006 11:39 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

I love talking to my really good friends that I've had for years and years because I do the EXACT same thing!! I end up doing my laundry (which I hate to do) and dishes and anything else that needs done. But, I will go to the bathroom with anyone on the phone. When ya gotta go, ya gotta go! ;)

Do you plan to hire someone or is this a DIY project? I LOVE construction projects... I come experienced too!! :)

2/04/2006 11:43 PM  
Blogger Blue said...

I tend to be the planner...I come up with the project ideas, decide exactly what I want and where I want it, and Sailor and his Dad do it for me. Now we just need to find someone to pay for the project! LOL

2/05/2006 12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home