Thursday, January 26, 2006

Why???

What in the hell is wrong with me? Why do I want more kids when I'm already overwhelmed and exhausted? It's been such a bad day. I wake up to find knives on the counter...again. Sailor and Lawnboy left them on the kitchen counter last night, where Princess could easily reach them. So I gathered up all the knives and put them "away"...neither of them know where "away" is. Then I notice that the oven was left on Warm all night long. Then Princess poured all of her milk out. I'm running late getting ready and discover that the floormat for the van was still hanging in the shower (Lawnboy got dog poop on it last night, so they cleaned it but left it hanging in the bathroom), and the shower rod was moved. So I have to take care of that before I can take a shower. I go to put the mat in the van and there's poop on the carpet, too! Ugh! No way do I have time to clean that, so I leave it for them to clean up. Then we go to TLC, Princess didn't want to sit still, had a meltdown over someone else's cookie, and drove me insane! I'm just very impatient lately and she seems to know all the buttons to push! We get home, eat lunch, and then play til naptime. Naptime rolls around, I put her to bed, and she gets up and plays for 2 1/2 hours before whining to be let out. So no nap today. I decide to take Princess and Naala outside so that Princess can ride her tricycle while Naala gets some energy out. I usually go through the garage and bring the tricycle with me, but for some reason, we all went out the front door and then I walked around to the garage door...before I even got the garage door open, I hear someone honking because Naala AND Princess were in the street! OMG! I almost had a heart attack! I get them both inside, put Naala in the backyard, and then try and calm myself down, when I see Naala run by the window...she's in the front. Apparently she can open the gate enough to squeeze through (the gate is broken). Great! Sailor is finally home...but taking a nap because he has watch tonight. So I get another 2 1/2 hours with my darling daughter before bedtime. She's going to drive me insane. I don't know what I'm going to do when Sailor's gone and I have to deal with her and a baby. I keep trying to remind myself that she'll be older and I'm hoping things will be easier. I know I'm in for a rude awakening.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh you have no idea how I (and I'm sure EVERYONE else) can relate!!!! Okay, it DOES get better as they get older. And somedays are just tester-days. Everything and anything tests your patience! Hang in there :)

1/26/2006 11:26 PM  
Blogger Blue said...

Thanks, Java! I have SO little patience as it is, so when we have one of those days, I just can't cope! I'm usually fine, but I just get to my breaking point and I'm like "Just go to your room!" and then her feelings get hurt and I feel so bad. I always feel like a terrible Mom when she gives me one of those hurt looks, but sometimes I just can't do anything but scream! I always make sure to give her lots of hugs and I love yous afterwards, but I still feel bad for jumping down her throat like that.

1/26/2006 11:42 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Blue I feel the same way . Little Guy is always testing me and my patience is very thin and I say to myself and I want another one am I crazy, but then he'll do something that just melts my heart. like Java said hang in there.

1/27/2006 12:51 AM  
Blogger water said...

It does get better now that I have 2 in school my life is so much better. I still occasionally have Saturdays where all 3 wake up fighting and I just jump in the shower cry and then it all seems to get better!! We will see if I am truely ready for this in a few months though!

1/27/2006 8:38 AM  
Blogger Jaws said...

Some days are bad, and then some days are really great, and that makes up for it. Don't worry, we'll all be here for you.
*hugs*
><(((*>

1/27/2006 10:18 AM  
Blogger April said...

what a day! I'm so sorry it's been rough for you. It really will get better. Princess will grow out of this stage - it's called the Terrible Twos! LOL Remember . . . at least you don't have a one year old right now. There have been people in that position you are close to! hehee We really do all have rough days, and I'm sure you can handle two of them, even when Sailor is gone.

1/27/2006 11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home