Wednesday, January 18, 2006

So Much To Do, So Little Money...

So, I want a Florida room on the back of the house, with a doggie door. I want to be able to leave Naala out there when we're not home and know that she can play and go outside, whatever. Since there's no way I can afford that, I want to close off the garage. Our garage is too small for a car, and we have the washer and dryer in there. I've always wanted to close it off and make it an extra room. Since I have to go out there to do laundry, I'd like for it to feel more like inside. I'm thinking that's pretty much out of our budget, too. There's really not much we need out there, just to close it off. We have to redo the carpet for the entire house, so if we closed that off, it wouldn't cost much extra to carpet out there, too. Or we could put tile or something out there, and it's only 1 room, so it wouldn't be that bad. We already have a fan out there, and I'm sure we could put a doggie door up to go into the backyard. Problem is, the cost to put a wall where the garage door is. And if we did that, we'd have to get a shed to put the lawn stuff and tools in. Why can't we just be rich? LOL I just don't have enough room in this house. I have to get rid of my office and have no clue where I'm going to put the computer. Maybe Sailor will buy us both laptops, since money's not an issue or anything! It's silly, I don't even know for sure if he's gonna go to Greece, but I'm stressing out over what needs to be done (or what I think needs to be done) before he leaves. And I'm not even pregnant yet, but stressing over making room for a baby. I'm getting WAY ahead of myself here! Oooh, maybe Sailor's Dad will close off the garage for us, since he's doing all that work on his house and about to sell one of his houses. What a wonderful gift, me and Princess would definitely visit him if he did something like that for us! LMAO! j/k We're gonna visit anyway, but I would love to have my garage closed off.

7 Comments:

Blogger Nae said...

The garage thing sounds more realistic, if Sailor's dad could help with the wall it shouldn't be to much as far as supplies go. Then you add the carpet a few furnishings and whalla you got an extra room, heck you could even put your PC in there. Well have a great day Blue!

1/18/2006 11:28 AM  
Blogger JC said...

I agree with Nae. Have a nice day

1/18/2006 12:23 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

It is amazing how affordable those florida rooms really are. Of course depending on the size of the room. Closing the garage wouldn't be that hard either. You should talk to Di's DH, he has so many contacts. You could always call a few contractors just to get free estimates on both to get an idea of costs!

You are such the planner, you have to have it all figured out! :) Don't drive yourself batty! lol

1/18/2006 1:36 PM  
Blogger April said...

and it helps if you've already got a roof over it too (for the FL room). You know ours just got done! I also have a friend who just converted her garage and she said it wasn't too bad, either. her husband is in the navy (enlisted) and they have three kids and live in Lake Asbury. Soo . . . there is hope!

1/18/2006 1:43 PM  
Blogger ::Ali:: said...

Good Luck I hope you get to do everything you want Blue.. We are in the same situtaion here, so much that NEEDS or HAS to get done and not enough cash to do it that is why I just want to move..LOL

1/19/2006 10:12 AM  
Blogger water said...

I just want my house to not STINK and that seems to be too much money!! One day I will win the lottery oh wait you gotta buy tickets to win, huh?!

1/19/2006 2:09 PM  
Blogger April said...

Just remember that if you add AC to your Fl room, then you can add it onto the square footage of your home . . . $$$$ the pay out is great. Our $10K (and that includes the AC/Heat and carpet) room added us $30K to the value of our house.

1/20/2006 12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home