Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Update on Orders

You wanna know? You REALLY wanna know? LOL! I just got off the phone with Sailor and he has applied for orders. I told him that I want to stay here so that I'm close to family and friends while he's out to sea, so my favorite pics were stay here or he goes to Greece (Greece orders are for 12 months, without us...but we'd be able to visit). He told me that he doesn't want to stay here and his favorite picks were San Diego and Greece. He asked me what to do, I told him that he has to live with the command, not me, and that it's his choice, but he knows how I feel about it, so at least take what I say into consideration. Anyway, he wanted to talk to his Career Counselor about some questions he had about Greece. He applied for Greece as his first choice, and Mayport as his second choice. So, looks like I'm probably staying here! I'm not sure how long until we know, I think within a couple days, not sure...but am relieved that he's finally applied! Yay! What does that mean for IT school? About 3 months after he gets to Greece, he'll have to start looking at orders and negotiating where to go next. He'll pick orders and then when he gets to his next command, he'll apply for IT school while he's there. So, there's really no telling how long we'll be at the next command. But, as long as he gets one of his two choices, I'll be here for the next year and a half! Yay!

5 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

YAY! I'm so happy! :D
WOOOOOHOOO!!!!! I take it that you're pretty happy about the two choices too?!?!

1/17/2006 4:07 PM  
Blogger JC said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed that he does get one of the ones he wants and that your able to stay where you have friends and family. =)

1/17/2006 6:14 PM  
Blogger water said...

Hope it all works out and some times it is days for orders and other times weeks. Flyboy always talks to his detailer so we know immediately, we are spoiled!! No he just kisses a lot of ass!

1/17/2006 8:09 PM  
Blogger April said...

Yay!! How exciting. . . I hope it all works out and he gets one of his first two picks!!

1/17/2006 9:01 PM  
Blogger Blue said...

Water, Sailor seems to have a hard time getting ahold of his detailer and had some questions for his Career Counselor, so just went ahead and talked to her and she put in his apps for him. They're showing up on JASS, but no word yet, of course. After he applied and we started talking about it, I started kinda panicking thinking "What are we signing up for here???" lol I'm so gonna miss him, I start missing him if he's not home yet at 2:30! I'm spoiled by shore duty!

1/18/2006 9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home