Monday, January 16, 2006

ABC

Today must be brag about Princess day! LOL Princess led Sailor to the kitchen earlier to play with her LeapFrog phonics thing. She pointed to the I and said "I". He thought maybe it was just a fluke, so asked her about another letter, she got that one right, and then another, and then a number, and more letters. She knows at least half of the alphabet, and their sounds, and all of her numbers 1-10! She got bored with showing off, so she wouldn't tell us all of them, but I took all the ones that she would tell us off of the fridge so she can learn the others, if she doesn't know them already. I have to say, I LOVE LeapFrog! She has 2 LeapFrog DVDs now, Letter Factory and Word Factory, plus the alphabet and phonics fridge thing...they've REALLY helped! I'm so proud of my baby!

6 Comments:

Blogger April said...

I agree 100% about Leap Frog! It really helped Wild Child, and then Buddy had to go and destroy the disk. I need to go buy another one. On the same note: way to go, Princess!! She's making a lot of strides lately - growing up!!

1/16/2006 11:27 PM  
Blogger ::Ali:: said...

AWW Awesome Princess!! Your doing great girly!!
I agree Blue, I love LeapFrog stuff, and Vtech! My boys have had both all their lives and still do and they have really learned alot, Though I have not bought any videos, I will have to see what they have for Sonshines age (4)

1/17/2006 9:37 AM  
Blogger Blue said...

They have the Letter Factory for early pre-reading (it says 3-6, but most know their letters by then!), Word Factory for pre-reading (also says 3-6), and Storybook or Storytime Factory (also 3-6). Those are the only ones I've seen so far.

1/17/2006 9:49 AM  
Blogger JC said...

WTG Princess that is awesome =) I to love the leap frog.

1/17/2006 10:22 AM  
Blogger hilary said...

i really wish i'd discovered the phonics fridge thing when my girls were toddlers. i saw it at a friend's house a few months ago and was like, "omg! that's so cool!" :)

1/17/2006 11:13 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

I have to agree about LeapFrog products too! It's so great that Princess enjoys learning and playing with them!

Mine have a lot of the products. Lil'Buddy has learned to recognize his ABC's with the Fridge Phonics and Princess is spelling all kinds of 3 letter words with the Word Whammer!

1/17/2006 2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home