Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Ugh!

As y'all know, I bought a van while we were in Ohio. I had NO clue it would become such a hassle! The nearest branch for the bank that I financed it through is about an hour away. I've been trying for 3 weeks now to find out what I need to do in order to get a tag and pay the taxes on my van. The money for the taxes is in my Savings Account, but there's a hold on it. So I've been talking to the bank and they keep telling me that they don't have my title. I finally talk to someone today that tells me that they do have my title, at their corporate office, but that's in the same city as the nearest branch. So they're going to have someone bring the title to that branch, I have to go pick it up, sign something, and they'll release the money, then bring it back here so that I can get my tag and pay my taxes. I can only have the title for 48 hours, so I'll have to bring it back to the bank ASAP. Ugh! So Sailor calls during his lunch break and I tell him what I find out and he tells me that I don't have to go to the bank, that the copy of the title that I have should be enough. This bugs the hell out of me because just what am I supposed to do when my husband is telling me one thing and the bank is telling me another? He tells me to call the tag office, so I do. They tell me that I have to have my actual title, not a copy, and bring my vehicle, in order to get the tag. So I call Sailor back, leave a message, and am now planning on going on a road trip with Princess tomorrow to the bank. How fun! And then, in case the first trip isn't fun enough, I have to make another one on Thursday or Friday. Yippee! Why in the hell did no one tell me it was going to be so difficult to get a tag? I already have a damn tag, I just need to get it switched over. I wish the bank here would've approved us, but they claimed that a used vehicle was only worth like 14k...umm there's a difference between a 2005 used and a 1990 used vehicle, why would they have a standard like that? Crazy!

Sidenote...I didn't realize that I could click on the orders and see how many months they were for and whether or not they were accompanied (duh!). I checked yesterday and the orders for Greece are unaccompanied, so I was right, and they're for 12 months...not bad. Sailor's going to talk to his Career Counselor today after lunch.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nae said...

Man, that sounds like a huge hassle. I so hate when your on the phone with a company or right in their face and they neglect to tell you something that is very important uugghhh idiots. Well look at it this way once you do these road trips there shouldn't be anymore problems, hopefully.

1/17/2006 12:54 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Geez, are you going thru a credit union?

oh and does the Greece orders mean that you can or cannot accompany him?

1/17/2006 2:56 PM  
Blogger JC said...

that stinks Hopefully everything will turn out for ya .

1/17/2006 6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home