Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Birthday Fun!

After Saturday's party, we took a day off to relax. Sailor worked with his Dad and me and Princess just hung around the house. Yesterday was the actual birthday. We went to the mall playdate and Princess played with her friends (and made some new ones!). Sailor got off work and met us there, complaining that his back was hurting. We stayed and played a little, then went to Customer Service to sign up for the birthday party they're having for their Kids' Club January Birthdays, and they went ahead and gave her a birthday gift (puzzle and go fish cards). Then we went to Chick Fil A for some lunch! After that, we start heading to the parking lot and Sailor's back was REALLY starting to hurt. So he went home and me and Princess went to Toys R Us. They had sent us two $1 giftcards for her birthday...actually they sent them to different names, so I guess Princess has a twin that we didn't know about? LOL Anyway, we go there and they give Princess a balloon and birthday crown. We walk around and decide to get a Leap Frog DVD (Princess seems to like it so far, it's the Letter Factory one). We came home, showed Daddy what we got at Toys R Us (he was laying down) and then Princess took a nap. Someone called at 3:15 and wanted to come by at 4, so I rushed out to go to Walmart before she got there (I didn't want to wait til after she left and I needed to get stuff for dinner). So I rushed to Walmart, got the stuff I needed (they were completely out of Heinz ketchup...how weird is that???) and then went to the gas station. I had put money on a gift card last week and was going to use it to get $.03 off per gallon. I couldn't find my gift card. I remembered putting it in my purse in a place that would be easy to find, but couldn't find it. Ugh! I was already running late and didn't have time, so started heading home. I get about a mile away and find the gift card...right where I'd put it! LOL So I turn around and go back to get gas (I was running really low and didn't want to have to make a trip down there again later). I get there and ALL of the pumps are taken...most were empty just a few minutes ago, but now they're all taken, WTF? So I get behind this car that's empty, thinking he's in there paying, he's almost done, right? I wait for 5 minutes and he STILL doesn't come out. WTF is taking him SO long in there?! I get pissed off and leave. I will NOT be filling up my gift card for gas ANYMORE, it is just NOT worth the hassle of having to go down there every time I want to fill up. Anyway, I'm still low on gas and now my gas light is on. Ugh! Luckily my appt was also running late, so she got here right before I did. Oh, and on the way home from Wal-Mart, I realized that I forgot to get a dessert for Princess! So why exactly did I drive all the way down to Wal-Mart when I forgot the DVD that I was going to take back and I didn't get gas??? I could've just got to Winn Dixie and saved ALOT of time! AND, I wouldn't have been so stressed! I made it through my appt, then started dinner when she left and then went to Winn Dixie for dessert. I took so long there, that the meatloaf was almost done when I got home and we hadn't even started on the potatoes yet! Ugh! We finally made it through dinner (which was GREAT), gave Princess her tricycle (which she LOVES), and Sailor ended up having to go to bed before dessert because his back was killing him. What a day! I ended up going to bed at 10:30, so wasn't able to stay up til 11:45 to give Princess her birth minute kiss. :( Oh well, maybe next year's birthday will be a little less hectic!

1 Comments:

Blogger water said...

I think she forgives you for the birth minute kiss!! :)

1/10/2006 1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home