Monday, December 19, 2005

Merry Christmas!

Since we'll be in Ohio for Christmas, we woke up and pretended it was Christmas at my parents' house yesterday morning. Me and my Mom made monkey bread the night before (thanks for the recipes, Java Mama!), and then we all woke up, opened gifts, and had monkey bread and scrambled eggs for breakfast. Yumm! Princess got a Nemo activity book, a cute little pink overall outfit, a jacket, some puzzles, and some webkin thing (we haven't looked it up to see what it is, but I think it's some virtual pet thing for the whole family). I got an Old Navy giftcard, some jammies, a 12" Cutterpede, a singing Christmas Cookie Monster, and a really pretty pewter dolphin thing to hang from my rearview mirror. Sailor got a Led Zeppelin DVD set, a Lynard Skynard shirt, and some jeans.

Yesterday was also our Christmas gathering with my Mom's family. We draw names every year since there are so many of us, and then exchange gifts the week before Christmas. I didn't want to participate this year, so I volunteered to hand out the gifts. Princess got the Heffalump movie DVD and the Little Einsteins Huge Adventure DVD from one of my uncles (he drew her name). She was sooo excited about the Little Einsteins! She was carrying around the DVD case and talking about them all day! It was so cute! Poppy (my Dad) finally put it in for her and she LOVED it! She also got 2 cute little outfits and a baby doll from Nanny (my grandma) and she got a music box and a beautiful hand-made personalized bracelet from my aunt!

It was a pretty good (and LONG) day! We got home at about 11 last night, I checked my mail, then went to bed. Today I have to pack, shop, and wrap Sailor's gifts. Sailor is getting the tires rotated and the oil changed on the car. And then tonight, we're leaving for Ohio! I hope everyone has a VERY Merry Christmas!

3 Comments:

Blogger water said...

Have a great trip and enjoy the snow!! Merry Christmas!! :)

12/19/2005 12:54 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Aww sounds like you had a wonderful weekend with your parents!! So glad you made the Monkey bread!!!!

Have a very safe trip to OH! Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

HUGS!

12/19/2005 3:04 PM  
Blogger Jaws said...

I hope you guys had a safe and fun trip. It's tuesday now, so get home! We miss you!

Merry Christmas!

><(((*>

12/27/2005 9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home