Saturday, November 26, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had a great Thanksgiving! We decided to skip the turkey and just make a ham for Thanksgiving. I prefer ham and there was really no point in getting a turkey for just the 3 of us. Sailor put the ham in the oven when we got up and then we just kinda laid around the house for a while. I made the stuffing, green beans, corn, and mashed potatoes, and stuck the bread in the oven, Sailor remembered the cranberry sauce (I forget it EVERY year). We had a great dinner! We were much too stuffed for dessert (blueberry pie, apple pie, and pound cake with strawberries), but I had some of the pound cake and strawberries anyway. After dinner, we decorated the tree. Princess LOVES the tree and all the ornaments! We hung up the stockings, put away all the crystal and decorated the mantle, too. It looks so good!

Friday morning, I got up at 6:30 and went to Toys R Us. It was sooo packed! I got Princess a
Barbie and the Magic of Pegasus My Size Magic Cloud Castle (it's a playhouse and dollhouse in one!). The tricycle I was going to get her was sold out, so I waited in line for like an hour and then left. I swung by the house to drop off the castle and pick up Sailor and Princess and then we headed to Walmart. It was 10 by the time we got there, so most of the crowds were gone. We got a Wiggles DVD, some diapers, wrapping paper, and bows. Then we headed to Target and got some new stocking holders, Cinderella DVD, Grinch and Cat in the Hat DVDs, Leggos, and a Tricycle (not the one I was planning on getting, but still really cute!). Today I went back to Walmart with Jaws and got the Shrek 2 DVD ($5.50!). I think I'm done with Princess for Christmas gifts, I'd already gotten her quite a few things over the past month. I still have to buy Sailor's gifts, and some gifts for my family, but I've already made my list and I know what I'm getting for everyone, so the hard part is done! I'm so excited about Christmas! Tomorrow we're going to put the lights up on the outside of the house. Well, Sailor and Lawnboy will, I doubt I'll be much help...I'll just direct and supervise.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Glad you had a great Thanksgiving dinner with the family!!

I still can't believe I missed the crazy shopping. Next year... NEXT YEAR!! :D

12/03/2005 4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home