Thursday, October 26, 2006

She's Here!

I went in on Friday night to be induced and was already having contractions! Dr inserted the pill and contractions started kicking up a bit. They gave me something to help me sleep and told me it'd be a long night. At about 2am, the contractions were getting much more painful, so I asked the nurse to check me. I was still only 2cm, so declined the epidural (wanted to be a little farther along first) and just asked for pain meds in my iv. About an hour later, I woke up and was trying to fight the urge to push! I demanded my epidural (in denial here) and told them that I had the urge to push. They told me to try not to and they checked me and then called the Dr. I, obviously, didn't get my epidural. I attempted not to push until I just couldn't stop it and Bebe was born before my Dr arrived! I had about 7 minutes of pushing/non-pushing, lol. She arrived at 3:17am on October 21st. She weighed 8 lbs, 7 ozs, was 20 inches long. She had some blood sugar issues because of my gestational diabetes, but is doing great now. She's a great sleeper and eater! I had very little tearing and didn't need any stitches. I feel great...probably a little too great because I keep overdoing it, lol. Sailor decided to stay an extra week to spend more time with me and the girls. Princess is doing great with her, no issues so far! I'm sure there will be some, especially once Sailor goes back to Greece, but so far, so good!

3 Comments:

Blogger JC said...

Congrat's Blue and Family I am soo excited for you guys. I saw pic's of her on MO and she is just precious!!!! I'm glad Princess is doing so good with her so far.

10/26/2006 1:04 PM  
Blogger ::Ali:: said...

CONGRATS YOU GUYS!!! SHE IS SOO PRECIOUS!!!

10/29/2006 10:44 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Congratulations!! I know you are both so glad that she's finally here!

11/03/2006 12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home