Wednesday, October 05, 2005

In-Law Issues

Last time I went to Ocala, I emailed my MIL and told her that I was going to be in Gainesville all day on Saturday and would be in Ocala on Sunday. I asked her when a good time would be for me and Princess to stop by (she has meetings on Sundays and I don't know what time they're usually over). A couple days later, she responded and said that she got my email but when she went back later to reply, all of her old mail was deleted, so she asked me when I was going to be there and asked me to resend some pictures that I had sent. I replied right away and told her my plans for the weekend and sent the pics again. No response. Saturday I went to Gainesville with my parents, and on the way home, stopped at the grocery store to get breakfast stuff. While we were there, we ran into my FIL, who said that my MIL was in the truck, so me and Princess followed him out to visit her. We stayed there for about 10 minutes and they played with Princess. She told me that she had lost my first email, I told her that I responded and told her that I was in Gainesville all day and we had just gotten back in town. I told her what the email said (basically that I was wondering when she'd be free, etc). Wouldn't that have been the perfect opportunity for her to speak up and tell me when she'd be available? Should I really have to drag it out of her? She didn't say when she was available and she never called. She knows my parents' number, it's on her microwave, I see it every time I go there. I told her I'd be in town all day the next day. She finally called Sailor (at home) at like 7 at night and asked him if I was still in town. Ummm, no, Princess has a bedtime. Why couldn't she have called me, at my parents' house, during the day? Sailor's dad was working during the weekend (he's a cop, so I never know his schedule, but I do know that he was working days that weekend), so I also didn't know when he'd be home. A couple days later, Sailor was talking to his dad and he told Sailor that he was hurt that I didn't come by and that they only saw us for 10 minutes in the parking lot. So whose fault do you think it is? Mine, of course! Ugh! They've been pulling this shit since Princess was born. (When I was trying to breastfeed Princess the day we came home from the hospital, his mom complained later that I was trying to keep Princess from her because I was in the other room the whole time Sailor and his dad were at the store...she's the one that seemed uncomfortable with me doing it in front of her, that's why I did it in the back room, and I was having problems, that's why it took so long.) They never call us, his dad comes over to help out with the house, but she never comes with him (and I have asked several times for her to join so we can spend time together). And he comes to work on the house, he spends like 5 minutes max with me and Princess. When his dad does call, it's never to talk about or to me or Princess. My parents call and ask to speak to Princess, at least once a week! No one in Sailor's family called him on his birthday, my mom is the only one that called him. His mom is a Jahovah's Witness (sp?), but his dad is not, so his dad could still call him. He's given us this truck to use, and he helps us out, but that's not really showing they care. Anyway, when his dad told him he was hurt that we didn't stop by, he also said that he wants Princess for a weekend. Ummm, NO. They don't know Princess because they don't make the effort. And she's not ready for overnight visits. You know how protective I am, I don't even let anyone babysit her! So now I feel like they just don't like me and don't want to spend time with me, they just want to take Princess. And Sailor thinks I'm blowing it up. I just don't get why his parents get their feelings hurt and it's all my fault, yet no one gives a shit when my feelings are hurt. They don't show they care about us, so why should I make an extra effort? Why can't they try every once in a while to act like they want to be involved in our lives? Oh, and he just told me last night that they're going to visit his brother at the end of the month in Connecticut (they just moved there at the end of July). They never visited us in Cali, she never visits us when we're an hour and a half away, yet they're going up there to visit him. Why shouldn't I feel like they don't like me?

4 Comments:

Blogger water said...

Flyboys mom pulls the same SHIT. I hate it, hate it, hate it. I ruined his life tho' because apparently I got myself pregnant at 15!! Oh I can go one forever on a MIL bitchfest!!

10/05/2005 10:02 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Is it worth getting upset over? She's your MIL, not your Mother. She has plenty of opportunities to call you and schedule things right? It shouldn't always be your job! Anyway, I would just stop worrying yourself over it. I used to get upset when my Mom didn't call or send the kids things, now I just now we're not her priorities she has her own life...that's just the way it goes!

10/06/2005 11:43 PM  
Blogger Blue said...

I'm not really upset that she doesn't make the effort. It's that she doesn't make the effort and then claims I'm trying to keep Lexi from her. It's always my fault and I'm sick of fighting with Sailor over his family. They make no effort to spend time with us or get to know us, yet get upset when we don't spend time with them.

10/07/2005 9:30 AM  
Blogger April said...

Man . . . mother-in-laws stink, huh?

I feel your pain!

10/07/2005 8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home