Friday, September 23, 2005

Today's Rant...

So after my last miscarriage, I made an appt with OB/Gyn at the hospital on base to find out why I'm having the miscarriages. 4 days before my appt, they called to cancel, saying that some of the doctors got sent to Louisiana and that they were going to send me to a civilian doctor. Right after that, they called back saying that they couldn't do that because a doctor didn't make my appt, a nurse did. So I'd have to contact my doctor to get the referral. I walk into the office and ask for a referral and they tell me I have to make an appt. I refuse to make an appt just to go see a different doctor. That's a waste of time and completely rediculous. I call Referral Management and ask them for help and they tell me that I can just call Central Appointments and leave a message requesting a referral. Simple enough, right? So I leave a message and a week later call to see what's going on with it and they tell me they'll go ahead and send it to Tricare for approval. I finally got a referral (I just got the authorization from Tricare a few minutes ago), so I call and set up an appt with the doctor that I requested...for December 19! WTF? That's the soonest they can get me in. I'm so tired of feeling like no one gives a shit about me. The Navy made absolutely no effort to reschedule or help me out in getting my referral, I had to do it all myself and jump through hoops to get it in the first place, calling all over the place and waiting forever, and now I have to wait 3 months just to start the consult to find out what the hell is wrong with me?! I'm pissed. I just called Referral Management and told them the problem and they said that if I can find a new doctor that can get me in within 30 days, then all I'll have to do is call Tricare back and change the doctor on the referral. I won't need to get a new authorization number or start the whole referral process over again. So that's good, but I'm still so pissed off about the 3 month wait. It's seriously feeling like everyone's saying they don't give a shit that I keep losing my babies, I'm not important, I can wait. I'm feeling shitty enough as it is because I'm so stressed out and depressed and they're not helping any. The last thing I need is someone telling me they don't care, you know?


ETA: I looked up a list of doctors and called the 2nd one on the list (the first one happened to be the same one that didn't have anything til December), and they can get me in October 19th! So I called Tricare back and they changed the referral for me. I'm feeling much better now, it's still almost a month away, but compared to the 3 months the other doctor was going to make me wait...I think I can handle it. LOL

3 Comments:

Blogger water said...

Stupid doctors. I hope you can get the care you need soon! Odds are you will be like me and see a bunch of doctors for all of them to tell you there is nothing they can find. I hope you find a doc who can see you before December tho'. If you ever need to rant just stop on by, I love a good b#tch fest!

9/23/2005 10:26 AM  
Blogger Jaws said...

***Hugs****



><(((*>

9/23/2005 11:26 AM  
Blogger Blue said...

I hope so, Thumblina! We'll also get all the hand me down clothes since their babies will be outgrowing them when we need them! LOL

9/24/2005 11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home