Saturday, September 10, 2005

Creepy!

So I was craving something sweet (Sailor was so stuffed after dinner, he didn't want to get any birthday dessert or anything...he's not much of a sweets person, anyway), so I went to the kitchen to see what we had. As I was walking down the hall, I noticed that he'd left the bathroom light on, so I flipped the switch and kept on going. I ended up making Smores. On my way back down the hall, I noticed that the light was on in the bathroom. Weird! So I come in the office, tell Sailor, he said maybe I didn't flip it all the way. So I ate my snack and went to wash my hands. On the way out of the bathroom, I went to flip the switch...and it was already down. But the light was still on. Ummm, WTH? So I run back to the office, tell Sailor (a bit freaked out here) and send him in to check it out. Our light switch isn't completely broken...but not exactly good as new, KWIM? Apparently when I flipped it (I had just reached my hand in and flipped it without looking or anything), it went to the side a little instead of straight down so it didn't turn the light off. I'm already convinced that the house is haunted, that certainly didn't help! LOL

Anyway, we had a great time at brunch this morning and great service (the IHOP we went to just opened less than 2 weeks ago). Dinner was awesome! We'd been there before for Mother's Day, but it was really crowded and the chef just didn't have much of a personality...not the case this time! Our chef was awesome! Princess loved watching the "show" and ate a ton! Everyone was so impressed with how much she ate. The chef said she must've had that while she was in my tummy, I told him actually, she did! It was a great day! I got him a case for his PSP and one for his games and movies. We're a bit broke and he didn't really want anything, he kept telling me not to get him anything, so I just went small. I feel so bad that his family doesn't celebrate or anything. For my birthday, he got me Sims 2, a new flat panel monitor, and my parents gave me shopping money and bought our dinner! For his birthday, he just got what I gave him (with the money that he earns). Kinda sucks. I'm sure that makes him appreciate all of the birthday wishes from my friends even more, though.

4 Comments:

Blogger water said...

frealed purple momma, I thought you were going to use spell check!!
I am glad you had a great day and I feel the same way about getting Flyboys gifts. So I take some of his gift money he gets from family and get him something, that way I feel like I got him something without going into our funds. (he does the same for me). For xmas I use the bonus we just buy each other's gifts in October and spend the next 2 months hiding them and pretending like the other one found it.

9/11/2005 8:21 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Little freaky about the switch there... um, yeah... I'd boycott the bathroom! LOL ;)

Glad you had a good brunch and dinner. I'm so craving some Japanese, ever since our IM last night!!

I know how you feel about DH's birthdays, I always feel bad if I have to spend money HE earned on HIM for celebrations. I always try to get some design business to pay for things like that, that way it's more of a surprise too. But, I always feel guilty too.

9/11/2005 9:32 AM  
Blogger Blue said...

LOL! Staying out of the bathroom is just not an option! ;)

9/14/2005 8:53 AM  
Blogger Jayme Downs said...

Yeah, that would scare the crap out of me too!

I'm the same way, I always feel bad when I buy dh's gifts with his money. But there is no other way.

9/15/2005 11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home