Thursday, August 04, 2005

Good News!

Yesterday I went and took a blood test (remember that Ovulation test I used a couple weeks ago?). I called this morning and it was POSITIVE! Woo Hoo! I get to join all my friends and be preggo again! I'm so excited! I took our infant carseat and put it in the car and took a babydoll and an old onesie and wrote Baby April '06 on it. I drove up to Sailor's work and he came with me to take Princess to the Hospital (nothing's wrong, she just had a fever). So, he gets in the car and says something about Princess's baby being in the car seat and asks what the shirt says. I tell him to read it and he says "You're pregnant again!". I knew I was. I felt pregnant all last weekend. Just a feeling in my tummy, just felt stuff happening and just knew I was pregnant. But, he's one of those "wait til the doctor tells you" people. He doesn't trust a home pregnancy test, so I didn't bother wasting the money on one. He doesn't trust my instincts (he just doesn't want me to get my hopes up again), he doesn't want to get excited til the doctor actually confirms it. In fact, when I got pregnant with Princess, I had just had a miscarriage and didn't think it was possible to get pregnant so soon (I got pregnant 2 weeks after the miscarriage, the doctor told me it'd take 1-3 months to get on a cycle). So, several months later (5 calendar months to be exact), I find out I'm pregnant. I was actually asked by 2 people if I was pregnant and was very insulted and hurt. A couple days later, I get out of the shower, look in the mirror, and notice that my tummy is no longer fat and flabby...it's hard and round. Umm, I look pregnant. Hmmm. (A few weeks after I got pregnant, I had a brief Am I pregnant moment, but shrugged it off cuz I didn't think it was possible.) Interesting. I happened to have a test laying around, that was leftover from the first pregnancy, so I use it. It's positive, of course. I call Sailor, freaking out, and tell him. He says, "wait til the doctor confirms it." Are you kidding me? I'm 5 1/2 months pregnant! I had my m/c at the end of March 2003, got pregnant two weeks later, in April, and took the test in the beginning of September. A couple hours later, Princess starts kicking. I think it's safe to say, I'm pregnant. LOL So, me and my mom went shopping for maternity clothes...the same day that I found out that I was pregnant. Weird, huh? No one ever believes me, but I seriously just thought I was getting fatter. Anyway, here I am, fourth pregnancy. I have a feeling that this one will make it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jaws said...

woohoo!

8/05/2005 9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home