Monday, February 27, 2006

Update

Well...this weekend was exhausting! I did all my planning and organizing last week, and knew exactly what I needed to buy, etc. My Mom said she'd just copy me and make everything I was going to make...so I even made up shopping lists for us both. She's not feeling well...they think it might be kidney stones, so she wasn't very organized at all. She was tired and in pain and didn't do any planning! So Saturday morning, we get up and get ready and head to Wal-Mart to buy all of our non-perishable ingredients. I only spent $38 and some change! So then we head home, eat lunch, and Mom and Princess take a nap. After their naps, we head to Publix for the rest of our groceries. I was so worried that I was going to spend a fortune on all the meat and the rest of the ingredients. I did really good! I only spent $77 and some change! That's less than $120 total and I made enough meals for us to eat for 21 nights! That's awesome! I even made enough mashed potatoes for 4 meals, so I have some of my side dishes covered already, too! I was so proud of myself for spending so little! So we relax for a bit and then we all head to Cracker Barrel for dinner. Sailor's parents ended up going with us, so we had a big group! It went really well, we all stuffed ourselves and then went home. Sunday morning, we got up, ate breakfast, and then got started on our cooking! I made my 21 meals, my Mom helped...and she made about 4 meals for herself. LOL Not exactly our goal. I was going to make 26...but I ended up using my spaghetti sauce in the lasagna instead of buying separate jars of sauce. No big deal, spaghetti's easy enough to make. And then I didn't have enough Chicken, so only made enough marinade for 1 meal. I also only made 3 of the chili and meatloaf instead of 4 each. It went great and it was fun, but exhausting! I was so tired and cranky when we were done! I didn't take breaks, though. I know you're supposed to take frequent breaks, but I prefer to just work my bum off til I'm done. I did break for lunch, though. And I'd sit down and relax for a minute while I was making my labels. I'll definitely do this again, but not sure if my Mom will be joining me.

My vent...everyone is sucking the fun out of announcing my pregnancy. Okay, not everyone, y'all have all been great. Some are very excited for me and only have positive things to say. But others are making comments like not wanting to congratulate me too early, and stuff like that...refering to my past miscarriages. That is not what I need to be thinking of. Why would someone say something like that? It's only going to make me worry. I'm trying my best not to think of it because I know the medicine is working and I have no reason to worry. But then they make their comments. I just don't get it. Why can't they just be happy for me? I'm really starting to wish I would've just kept my news to myself until I was showing. :(

5 Comments:

Blogger Nae said...

Glad you got all your meals accomplished. That is pretty cheap for that amount of dinners, Good Job.

Blue, as for the negative comments by some people. Just take it with a grain of salt they are probally unhappy people who can't stand to see other ppl happy KWIM. I say just take is easy during the pregnancy and things should be alright. DO NOT let ppl like that get to you sweetie, that is to much stress.

Have a great day Blue!

2/27/2006 9:55 AM  
Blogger ::Ali:: said...

HappY Monday Blue!!
Nae's right, don't let others get you down. You know you would like to be congratulated, and you know your happy and have tons of us who are happy for you guys! YAAY!!
The doc sounded pretty sure things are going smoothly!! YAAY Again!!
Shoo the others silly thinking right outta your head girlie..LOL
^^^^
As for all supper stuff.. It totally sounds like fun, I will make Nae and I do it..HEHE
Have a great day!!

2/27/2006 10:51 AM  
Blogger JC said...

Wow sounds like you got a lot done. I just wished I had the energy to do that. I agree with Nae & Ali don't let them get to you. The doctor said that your Progesterone levels are good. Don't let them take away your excitement!!

2/27/2006 11:42 AM  
Blogger Blue said...

Thanks, everyone! I don't think anyone's trying to be negative and make me worry, but I really wish they'd think before they speak, you know? It just feels like it's pointless to get excited and want to tell everyone if they're just gonna be thinking (or saying) "let's not get excited yet, she might miscarry again". Sometimes I just wish I could keep my mouth shut and keep some things to myself, but I get so excited and want everyone else to share in my excitement.

2/27/2006 10:27 PM  
Blogger Jayme Downs said...

Wow! You go Blue!! I wish I could do something like that, get all my meals cooked for the month. BUT...hehe...I'm way to lazy. I'd buy all the groceries for it, and I'd never manage to get all the meals cooked...LOL That's awesome how cheap it was.

Perhaps you should mention to these people how their comments have bothered you.

2/28/2006 7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home