Friday, February 24, 2006

Cook-a-Thon

This weekend is the first monthly Cook-a-Thon for me and my Mom. We have decided (thanks to the Super Suppers craze) that we'd start doing Once-a-Month Cooking together. I got The Freezer Cooking Manual by 30 Day Gourmet from the library and LOVE it! I'm going to buy it as soon as I can find it in a store! It has alot of helpful worksheets and planning/organizational tips as well as some great recipes! I have all of my meals planned out, and I think my Mom is going to just copy me. LOL We'll go over all the details tonight, and then go shopping in the morning, then set everything up on Saturday night. On Sunday, we'll begin cooking! I'm really excited about this. I'm making 10 different meals and will be making 2, 3, and 4 of each meal, plus a side dish. This will be about 26 nights worth of food. Since we go to Ocala alot and I go out for Coffee and other Moms events with the playgroup alot, those 26 meals should last us about 2 months or longer! We're going to do this every month, so I'll be able to save up and have a bunch of food for when Sailor goes to Greece and I have the baby. I wonder if I could send him frozen food while he's over there...that would definitely save on his eating expenses while he's there. I'd hate for us to eat good food while he's eating mac n cheese and ramen noodles...and McDonald's.

3 Comments:

Blogger JC said...

Sounds exciting =) I don't mind cooking it's the cleaning up afterwards I hate...lol I hope you both have fun.

2/24/2006 11:24 AM  
Blogger ::Ali:: said...

Sounds like so much fun!!! I wish I had someone to do that stuff with.. I should ask my Mom if she ever wants to, I think her and Nae and I could have fun!!
hmm I wonder if you could send Sailor food like that, I would look into it!!

2/24/2006 11:37 AM  
Blogger Jayme Downs said...

Love that idea! Like desert flower, we plan our meals for a week as well. :)

I'd look into the shipping of food, for sure. I know he'd love to have some real cooking, that's for sure. :)

2/28/2006 6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home