Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Today's Appointment...

I'm back. It didn't go as well as I hoped. I waited in the waiting area for 45 minutes and then was moved to the exam room where I waited over 30 more minutes! Why do they ask you to get there 15 minutes early and then make you wait almost an hour and a half? I was there for 2 hours total! Ugh! Anyway, he won't give me anti-depressants because I'm not on birth control and am still wanting to get pregnant. He said getting a job might help, which I just did, I'm just waiting for my first day. About my irregular cycles, there's nothing we can do. Instead of running all these tests, we're just waiting. I'm so sick of feeling like this. I don't want to have to take birth control to feel normal. I don't trust birth control. I'm tired of having no energy, I'm tired of being emotional and having these constant mood swings. I just don't know what to do. Oh, and while I was at the Dr's office, Sailor was on the phone with his dad and he made plans for us to go there on Friday. Friday night is Mom's Night Out. So now I can't go to MNO. And today was actually going good. Oh well.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jaws said...

****Tons of Hugs for you******

7/19/2005 7:38 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Why did a doctor advise you to get a job? What the hell is up with that?! Doesn't that just add more stress on a person? I'd get a second opinion. I know women who've taken something while pregnant due to depression.

7/19/2005 10:22 PM  
Blogger Blue said...

The job is to help with my self-esteem. If I have a job, it'll make me feel better, I totally agree. That's one of the reasons I wanted a job so bad, to get me out of the house and give me something worthwile to do. I'm going to try natural methods for a while and see if that helps. I'll be taking vitamins and exercising. I'm not majorly depressed, I feel mostly like I'm always PMS'ing, just totally out of control hormones. I'm moody, I'm emotional, and I have no energy. He said that there hasn't been much testing done on the effects of anti-depressents on pregnant women (who would sign up to be a guinea pig for that, you know?), and he doesn't wanna risk it. With my history of miscarriages, he doesn't want to chance anything, which I understand and agree with. I'm still disappointed, but I definitely understand his reasoning. Me and Jaws went out for coffee, it helped me relax and get a more positive outlook on it. Then we went vitamin shopping. LOL

7/19/2005 11:20 PM  
Blogger Blue said...

Thanks, Thumblina!

7/26/2005 11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home